About the Project:
Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) acted as lead designers on this project which involved the refurbishment & change of use of an existing building from its previous use as a residential institution for children in care of the state, to a base for Tusla staff with associated office & ancillary spaces. The project was located in Salthill, Galway. DFCE acted as PSDP & Assigned Certifier for this project.
DFCE tasks in this project involved:
- Inspection & survey of the existing building & associated infrastructure
- Collation & Submission of planning deliverables to Galway City Council
- Preparation & submission of FSC & DAC for the building after the grant of planning.
- Preparation of a tender package for pricing purposes for the works
- Tender review & evaluation on behalf of the client.
- Periodic inspection of the works during the construction stage to ensure compliance with Building Regulations. FSC, DAC & design drawings.
- Final Sign-off for the project at completion.