Claregalway Housing & Day Care Centre
About the Project:
D Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) were delighted to have been commissioned to act as Civil & Structural designers for this project. DFCE acted as part of a design team which included Mulcaire-Heffernan Architects (Project Led), TC Estimating and Gohery Consulting Building Services Design Ltd. The design team worked efficiently in achieving the clients brief in a cost effective & timely manner.
The project consists of the proposed construction of twelve house and a day care centre. The proposed development was designed strictly to accommodate the proposed occupants which will be elderly, socially isolated members of the community.
DFCE tasks in this project involved:
- Ground Investigation.
- Design of stormwater & foulwater pipelines, including the design of all on-site attenuation/ infiltration for stormwater.
- A survey & capacity analysis of the existing foulwater pipeline, where new pipeline is tying into it.
- Correspondence with Irish Water & Galway County Council in regard to the existing foulwater & water supply infrastructure in the immediate area to the site.
- The full design of the twelve houses and day care centre, this included the substructure, superstructure and roof design. DFCE consulted with all other parties in the design team during this process to ensure that the final design was the most cost effective along with meeting the client brief.
- DFCE inspected all civil & structural works during the construction stage to ensure that required details were being carried out on site & in accordance with the requirements of the current building regulations.
DFCE, as part of an integrated Design Team, are providing an optimal design to the Client maximising structural efficiency and ease of construction.