Claregalway Sheltered Housing & Day Care Centre
About the Project:
Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) acted as Civil & Structural designers on this project which involved the construction of fourteen two-bedroom single storey dwellings for vulnerable users along with the construction of a new modern single storey Day Care Centre, to provide a place of socialisation for the elderly, socially isolated members of the community & those with dementia or other ailments that restrict their social interaction. The development is located at Cregboy, Claregalway, Co. Galway.
DFCE worked closely with Murphy-Heffernan Architects, TC Estimating (QS), Gohery Consulting Building Services (M&E) and Coolsivna Construction Ltd (Contractor) on the project.
DFCE tasks in this project involved:
- Design of the water supply, foulwater & stormwater infrastructure within the site.
- Design of internal roads & footpaths.
- Design & detail of all site retaining structures.
- Design of all substructure & superstructure structural elements, including the foundations, structural support members & roof design.
- Periodic inspections during the construction stage to ensure compliance with design drawings & applicable Building Regulations.