Cúirt Cheirin Housing Development
About the Project:
Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) are delighted to have been involved in this project which consisted of the construction of seventeen A-rated modern houses, along with all associated site works, within an existing housing estate located at Cúirt Cheirin, Circular Road, Knocknacarra, Galway. DFCE provided Civil, Structural & Architectural Design Services along with acting in the role of PSDP & Assigned Certifier to oversee the works.
DFCE tasks on this project involved:
- Ground investigation on the individual sites.
- Design of the stormwater & foulwater sewers to serve the houses, included the design of attenuation/ infiltration to serve the stormwater within each site.
- Full Civil, Structural & Architectural packages for each house type. These packages were designed to ensure that the houses are built in accordance with the Building Regulations. This design included substructure, superstructure & roof designs for each house type.
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance with Building Regulations & Planning Permission for each of the unit.
DFCE provided an optimal design to the Client which maximized the structural efficiency & provided ease of construction for the contractor while still providing a high-quality finished house.