Residential Development at Gaelcarraig, Westside, Galway
Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) are acting as Civil & Structural designers on this project, which involves the construction of an 83-unit residential development comprising single storey dwellings, two storey dwellings, three storey townhouses & four storey apartment blocks & all ancillary site & external works.
The proposed dwellings will be supported by strip foundations & ground bearing RC slabs with blockwork rising walls. The one & two storey dwelling houses will consist of posi-joists (two storey) at first floor & a truss roof while the townhouses will consist of hollowcore at first floor & a cut timber roof. The two apartment blocks are RC framed with blockwork infill.
DFCE are working closely with Sean Dockery & Associates (Arch/PM), TC Estimating (QS) & Ethos Engineering (M&E) on this project which is currently at tender stage.
DFCE’ tasks in this project involves:
- Design of the water supply, foulwater & stormwater infrastructure within the site.
- Design of all internal roads & footpaths.
- Design & detail of all internal & boundary site retaining structures which is a major item due to the topography of the site.
- Design of all substructure & superstructure structural elements, including the foundations, structural support members & roof design.
- Design & detail of two 4-storey RC framed apartment blocks.
- Periodic inspections during the construction stage to ensure compliance with design drawings & applicable Building Regulations.