St. Mary’s College, Galway – Part M and Part B Upgrade Works
About the Project:
Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) are delighted to currently be involved with this project in St. Mary’s College in Galway City, which involves;
- adapting and upgrading areas of a modern extension and the existing 1912 school building, to facilitate compliance with TGD Part M: Access and Use (the current suite of building regulations governing universal access) through the construction of a new link building.
- Upgrades to the building fire strategy including doors and associated ancillary works.
DFCE are acting as part of the project design team, which includes Don Silke Architects, TC Estimating (PM / QS), Heavey Kenny Associates (M&E) and Ryan & Associates (Fire Consultants). Masterfire are also acting as a specialist fire door safety consultant on the project.
DFCE tasks in this project involve:
- Initial site level survey in the existing school building and extension and surrounding yard.
- Co-ordination of appointment of Architectural and Mechanical & Electrical designers and consultants.
- Co-ordination of Civil & Structural packages for the works for presentation to school board / Department for approval.
DFCE are providing a cost optimal design to the Client which will maximize the efficiency of the new link building & provide ease of construction for the contractor while working within a confined existing school space. The area of the proposed works in the school is located within the curtilage of area of conservation. Due to this, and as a part of the design, DFCE will be adhering to the DoEHLG Principles of Conservation.