St. Mary’s College, Galway – Woodwork Room
About the Project:
Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) are proud to have recently completed these works at St. Mary’s College in Galway City, which involved the conversion of 4 no. existing general classrooms to a new Construction Studies room, including dedicated store and preparation rooms. The project also involved new external access point to the store rooms to facilitate necessary materials delivery within
DFCE provided Civil, Structural & Architectural Design Services along with acting in the role of PSDP & Assigned Certifier to oversee the works. Design works were carried out promptly for this project to allow works to commence on site to facilitate entry for the next school year.
DFCE tasks in this project involved:
- Initial condition survey and investigative works in the existing school general classrooms.
- Co-ordination of Mechanical & Electrical designers and consultants.
- Civil, Structural & Architectural packages for the works,
- Periodic inspections of the build during the construction stage.
- Final sign-off for compliance with Building Regulations.
DFCE provided a cost optimal design to the Client which maximized the efficiency of the structural scheme & provided ease of construction for the contractor while working within a confined existing school space.
DFCE worked closely with TC Estimating (PM/QS), CBS Consulting (M&E), Ryan & Associates (Fire Consultant) and Kesel Construction Ltd (Contractor) on the project.