Total Fluid Solutions New Warehouse & Office Space
About the Project:
Fallon Consulting Engineers (DFCE) were delighted to be acting as Civil & Structural designers on this project which involved the construction of a new warehouse & office building at Clondalkin Industrial Estate, Clondalkin, Dublin 22. The finished warehouse houses the manufacturing equipment for TFS & provides adequate office space for the company as they continue to grow. DFCE also acted as PSDP & Assigned Certifier for this project.
TFS are specialist suppliers of high-performance heat transfer fluids. These High-performance fluids are used in a wide range of industrial applications which include Heat Ventilation & Air conditioning Systems, Refrigeration, Food & Beverage Processing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical systems, renewable energy and power Generation.
DFCE tasks on this project involved:
- Diversion of local authority 1050mm SW culvert which passed through the site.
- Design of water supply, foulwater & stormwater infrastructure within the site. This involved the design of an on-site attenuation system.
- Design of all substructure & superstructure structural elements, including the foundations, steel frame & first floor concrete structure.
- Design & detailing of large steel portal frame superstructure, this included the incorporation of fire wall details due to proximity of warehouse to site boundaries.
- Design & RC detailing of a large RC bunded tank located on site.
- Periodic inspections during the construction stage to ensure compliance with applicable Building Regulations, FSC, DAC & Planning Permission.